While life in a big city is stimulating and exciting, the endless hordes of people and nonstop visual impressions can leave you exhausted at times. For as much fun as the Big Apple can be, sometimes it’s time for a break from the hustle and bustle! Check out this three-day itinerary, perfect for an easy weekend trip from NYC, and start planning your escape to our Falmouth Inn!
Relaxing Rooms & Packages
- Upon arrival at the Inn put all thoughts of traffic and work deadlines behind you as you relax in one of our comfy rocking chairs on the front porch.
- There are lots of evening activities to get you started on your first night. Check out some of the wonderful restaurants in the area within walking distance, or head on down to the beach and watch the sunset!
- End your first evening with some relaxation around the fire pit while sipping some lovely red wine or a warm beverage. Make sure and get plenty of sleep because day one of your three-day adventure starts tomorrow morning!
- Now that you’re here, take a walk around the grounds and check out our beautiful Historic neighborhood!
- Falmouth has multiple beaches with surprisingly warm ocean water. Go ahead, indulge in a swim!
- You’ll want to take a stroll to our Village Center, where you’ll discover both excellent shopping and exquisite eateries.
- Head on back to the Inn, read a book, take a nap or simply relax for a bit before the evening’s activities.
- When it comes to dinner and entertainment, catch some live music on the harbor, watch a movie in the park, or sample some of our amazing ice cream or chocolates!
- After dinner, stroll to the beach to watch the sunset over the water or relax on the porch with a glass of full-bodied red or crisp white wine.
- Return to your room after a wonderful night out and sleep the night away in preparation for the next day.
- Enjoy another delicious breakfast made fresh that morning. Let yourself be surprised at the menu since it changes daily!
- Make today an adventure with a trip to Martha’s Vineyard.
- Choose from the Woods Hole Steamship ferry or the Island Queen, both easy to get to and fun. We have tickets available at the Inn for your convenience.
- “The Vineyard”, as locals call it features three main villages: Vineyard Haven, the tree-shaded artsy little town with quaint galleries, antique shops, and restaurants, Oak Bluffs with its miniature gingerbread Victorian houses, lovingly cared for since the 1880s, and Edgartown the elegant colonial-era town with its stately sea captains’ houses. Shuttle buses on the island run often and take you from place to place. If you’re up for an adventure, take the 45-minute ride to the breathtaking multi-colored clay cliffs at Aquinnah.
- You may want to bring your swimming gear. The Vineyard has some of the best beaches in New England!
- When you’re pleasantly tired from taking in so many sights and impressions, come back and relax at the Inn – your freshly-made bed will be waiting for you
- Enjoy another breakfast option today and prepare for your final day as you discuss the many options for fun things to do in Falmouth, MA.
- Start your day with a beautiful scenic bike ride on the Shining Sea Bike Path. Rent a bike next door to the Inn and enjoy a seaside ride!
- You might decide to charter a sailing yacht for a private cruise! Customize your experience with a variety of different options, be it an onboard BBQ, wine and spirits, or gourmet meal, and pick the time of day you want to go cruising. We highly recommend the sunset cruise, perfect for romance and gorgeous views out on the water.
- Head out to the shops one more time before you go and pick up those gifts for yourself and for loved ones you noticed the first time around. Mix it up with lunch or dinner from one of the many delicious Falmouth restaurants and try something new.
- It’s your last night at Palmer House Inn, sit on the front porch for a bit and look up at the stars, make friends and hang out at the fire pit, enjoying the ambiance.
- When the hour grows late, enjoy one last night in your comfy room.