Summer and Fall on Cape Cod are beautiful seasons with plenty to see and gorgeous weather! It may be an unpredictable year, but the fun is still going here at Palmer House Inn. There is so much to do here around the Inn that we have put together a comprehensive list of some of our personal favorite Cape Cod activities! That way you can spend less time planning and more time enjoying everything the area has to offer!
Embark on Energizing Outdoor Adventures
With plenty of activities for the intrepid outdoor adventurer, Falmouth is full of fantastic things to do!
- Take a ride on the Shining Sea Bikeway, a 10-mile stretch of easy riding that gives great views of the coastline.
- Cast a line down at the local dock or rent a boat for offshore fishing.
- Tee up and take in the beautiful scenery at one of the finest Cape Cod golf courses.
- With over 68 miles of coastline, Falmouth is the perfect place to go for a walk on one of the 10 nearby beaches and enjoy oceanside views.
Explore Local Falmouth Favorites
Head into town for Cape Cod attractions and historical sites that delve into the history of the area!
- Check out the Heritage Museum and Gardens for beautiful plant life and an antique car collection, or take a lovely walking tour of historic Falmouth with Museums on the Green, only two doors down from us!
- Visit cute seals and sea turtles at the Marine Life Center and check out other local aquatic life on display.
- A trip to Highfield Hall is highly recommended! Explore the grounds of a Gilded-Age Victorian Mansion and see the giant “Stickworks” sculpture.
- Take a short drive to Woods Hole for an educational visit to the Marine Biological Laboratories or Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution! Then indulge in some of the yummiest seafood around.
- Spend a day relaxing and sipping wine with a ferry trip to nearby Martha’s Vineyard. If you book in advance, we can also provide a Palmer House picnic basket for a delicious lunch out amongst the seaside repast.
Savor Good Eats & Sweet Treats
Satisfy your cravings with a wide variety of local treats and delicious dining options!
- Take your pick of three ice-cream shops in the area and indulge your sweet tooth! You can’t go wrong with a classic double-scoop.
- Quench your thirst with a visit to one our fabulous Cape Cod vineyards or a craft beer extravaganza at Bad Martha Brewery.
- For an unforgettable evening, the Cape Cod Dinner Train is a luxurious experience with fantastic food and is a lovely way to see some of the surrounding areas!
Slow Down & Relax in Cape Cod Style
Spend some quality time at the Inn and soak up the ambiance with a therapeutic stay.
- Spend the afternoon reading on the covered porch with a glass of wine or coffee.
- For romance, take your loved one for a cruise on the Liberté, or visit Quissett Harbor and The Knob for two of the most romantic places in New England!
- Head into town for boutique shopping and find a hidden treasure or keepsake to bring home. With tons of great shops, you’re sure to find something you love!
- For a relaxing evening and cinema under the stars, Movies in the Park is held every Wednesday and is the perfect ingredient for an unforgettable evening!
- Rest and rejuvenate after a long day of activities in one of our comfy guest rooms. Cozy ambiance with New England flair, book a room at our Falmouth, MA bed and breakfast today for your new home away from home!