Welcome to our Falmouth, MA Inn, which was just awarded the Best of the Upper Cape award by Cape Cod Life Magazine! While Falmouth has enjoyed exceptionally low COVID-19 infection rates since March of 2020, we have nonetheless gone to all available lengths to keep you safe so that you can enjoy your Cape Cod stay without worry.
The Nurses are Inn!
No pun intended here. Two of the inn’s three owners are Registered Nurses with over 70 years of clinical nursing experience combined. It will be no surprise then that COVID-19 safety measures were being planned and put into place as early as the beginning of February of 2020, when the rest of the world was barely beginning to talk about the possibility of a problem. Palmer House Inn requires incoming guests to present either evidence of full Covid vaccination or a negative Covid test based on a test sample taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival at Palmer House Inn. All of our guests join us in maintaining a safe environment by wearing masks and/or social distancing at no less than six feet. Our guest’s health and safety is our top priority!
Technology to Keep You Safe
Since 2019, we have had sanitizing laundry equipment, using the latest ozone-generating technology to deliver linens and towels free of microbial contamination, without the use of harmful or irritating chemicals. As of July 2020, before your arrival, your room is thoroughly cleaned, sealed and then subjected to a comprehensive Halosil treatment. Developed over a decade ago in Switzerland for use in hospital operating rooms, this treatment eliminates all microbial life in the room being treated. After treatment, all that remains is a light harmless water vapor and oxygen! Palmer House is the first inn in the western hemisphere to feature this costly but highly effective technology for the safety of our guests.
- Breakfast is served in our dining room, on decks and porches or in your room if so requested. All breakfast seating is spaced to maintain a minimum of 6’ between unrelated guests.
- Our much-loved cookie service has resumed by guest request, with cookies being vacuum-sealed in pairs of two immediately after emerging from the oven and cooling.
- Utensils and glasses in guest rooms have been replaced with single-use disposables and single-use hand sanitizer is provided in all guest rooms. Automatic room service has been replaced by room service by request only.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are placed at all common entrances. All high-contact surfaces are sanitized hourly during business hours. All check-ins are contactless.
Falmouth as a Safe Community
Our restaurants and shops are open and ready to receive you! In the interest of safety, social distancing of no less than 6’ is mandated in all restaurant seating. Parking capacity at our beaches has also been reduced to warrant distancing on the beach. Falmouth as a town and our merchants are committed to keeping the town safe, so please enjoy yourself and join us in defeating the novel coronavirus!
Thanks for the Music Jazz Event
Stay after Thanksgiving on the first Saturday of December (December 4th) and jazz up the season with a safe, private celebration filled with live music from 6:30 to 9:30 PM. Hear music from Pat Ryan, Paul McWilliams & Steve Langone, as well as savor light refreshments! This series is for Palmer House Inn guests only, so reserve your spot soon before we sell out…
- Series is closed to the public
- Limited capacity in each room
- Fun and safe entertainment
- Treats served individually
We have completed a year of live jazz events at Palmer House Inn, which have been much loved by our guests, and we will continue to host these events at various times throughout the fall and winter. Please reach out to us for current updates on the next upcoming events. Don’t miss out!