Our romantic Cape Cod bed and breakfast offers 17 beautifully decorated guest rooms featuring plenty of great amenities including luxury firm beds. Be sure to check out our Cape Cod getaway specials and packages!
|Amy Lowell||2||Double||Shower||Third floor, Victorian décor||Check Rates|
|Edna St. Vincent Millay||2||Queen||Shower||Third floor, Cape Cod décor||Check Rates|
|Herman Melville||2||Queen||Shower||Third floor, Victorian décor||Check Rates|
|James Fenimore Cooper||2||Queen||Shower||Second floor, Victorian décor||Check Rates|
|Edith Wharton||2||Queen||Shower||Second floor, Cape Cod décor||Check Rates|
|Katherine Lee Bates||2||Queen||Shower||Second floor, Victorian décor||Check Rates|
|Oliver Wendell Holmes||2||Queen||Shower||Third floor, Cape Cod décor||Check Rates|
|Ralph Waldo Emerson||2||King||Tub/shower combo||Second floor, Victorian décor||Check Rates|
|Robert Frost||2||King||Jetted tub/shower||Second floor, Cape Cod décor, sitting area||Check Rates|
|Emily Dickinson||2||King||Jetted tub/shower||Second floor, Cape Cod décor, Sitting area, Fireplace||Check Rates|
|Henry James Room||2||King||Jetted tub & double shower||Third floor, Victorian décor||Check Rates|
|Richard Henry Dana||2||King||Jetted tub/shower combo||Third floor, Cape Cod décor||Check Rates|
Guest House & The Cottage
|Samuel Langhorne Clemens||3||Queen & Twin||Shower||First floor, wicker Victorian décor, dog friendly||Check Rates|
|Walt Whitman||2||King||ADA Shower||First floor, Victorian décor, sitting area, separate entrance w/ ramp, dog friendly||Check Rates|
|Theodore Roosevelt||2||King||Jetted tub/shower combo||First floor, Victorian décor, fireplace, seating area, dog friendly||Check Rates|
|Harriet Beecher Stowe||2||King||Jetted tub/shower combo||First floor, Victorian décor, sitting area, dog friendly||Check Rates|
|Henry Thoreau Cottage||4||King & Queen||Shower||Two bedrooms, Cape Cod décor, living room, private deck & garden, dog friendly||Check Rates|
All rooms feature:
- Private bath
- 600 thread count triple sheeting
- Alarm clocks with USB ports and electrical outlets
- Air conditioning
- Smart flat screen TV
- Hair dryer
- Irons & ironing boards
- Luggage racks
- Ceiling fans
- Ice buckets
- Bottled water
Premium rooms add:
- Coffee makers
- Miniature refrigerators
- Sitting areas
Several rooms offer fireplaces (October 1st- June 1st) and/or jetted tubs. Please see more about policies for fireplaces, jetted tubs and air conditioning here.
Arrival and Departure
Check-in is between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM on the day of arrival. Special arrangements need to be made for early or late check-ins.
Check-out is 11:00 AM on the day of departure.
An Advance Deposit of one night’s lodging plus tax (one night reservation), two nights’ lodging plus tax for reservations of two or more nights will be charged to the credit card you provide when you make the reservation online or by phone. For reservations of ten nights or more, we charge a two-night deposit at the time of reservation, and 50% of the balance one month before the check-in date. Balances on reservations are charged four business days prior to the check-in date. Advance Purchase Special bookings are nonrefundable.
We will refund the Advance Deposit, less a $20.00 per room service charge if you cancel your reservation in writing 14 days or more before arrival (30 days for 3 or more rooms or 5 or more nights). If you cancel with shorter notice, we cannot guarantee a refund unless we are able to rent the accommodations to someone else. The 14 day cancellation window is indexed to the date of your arrival. Advance Purchase Special reservations are nonrefundable.
If you arrive after your confirmed arrival date or leave before your confirmed departure date, we cannot offer you a refund or adjust your bill.
If you have a reservation but do not check in, your room will be held for you for the duration of your registered stay and no refund will be provided.
Palmer House Inn is a clean air facility and is a no smoking zone both in the buildings and on the grounds.
If you are traveling with children, please list the number of children, ages, and names on your reservation request under “Special Accommodations.” We have a limited number of accommodations that are appropriate for children.
By registering, guests agree to be held responsible for damage to the room (or damage to other areas of the Palmer House Inn caused by them) while registered at the Inn or while on Palmer House Inn property and without limiting other remedies, authorize Palmer House Inn to charge their credit cards an amount appropriate for the remediation of the damage.
At Palmer House Inn we welcome well behaved, house trained, well socialized dogs in our designated dog-friendly rooms, up to one dog per room at a daily pet charge of $35. Please read our full pet policy.
Fireplaces, Whirlpool Tubs and Air Conditioning
Some of our premium rooms have fireplaces. These are operational November 1 through May 31. During the warm months they are deactivated. Jetted whirlpool tubs in our premium rooms in the Main House are activated from 8:30 AM to 10:00 PM and are deactivated from 10:01 PM to 8:29 AM for the quiet and consideration of other guests in the inn. Air conditioning is provided in all rooms during warm months. Air conditioning is deactivated when night ambient day or temperatures are, or are projected to be below 60 degrees Fahrenheit, to prevent damage to our outdoor condensers. Please note, that ours is a multi-zone system, allowing each room separate temperature control. Please be patient when turning on the A/C, as this type of system takes longer to regulate the temperature in your room than would be the case with systems that do not allow individual control. Please do not set the thermostat in your room below 66 degrees. Doing so will not cool your room any faster and puts undue stress on the mechanics of the system.
Guests with Allergies
All guests are asked to let us know about food allergies or dietary restrictions they may have for their safety during breakfast time. If you find yourself asked more than once, it is a safety precaution and not intended to be harassment. If you have allergies to airborne irritants, please let us know. We have no down pillows or woolen blankets at the inn, and will take extra precautions to keep your room in the Main House free of pet dander. Disclosure is hereby made however, that the Americans with Disabilities Act requires us to accommodate a guest with a service dog in any room of the guest’s choice, as well as in any common area at the inn, and that in such an instance one or more service dogs may be present in areas of the inn outside of our normal dog-friendly rooms, including the rooms in our main house. Proceeding with a reservation represents acceptance of that risk.
Palmer House Inn, located in Falmouth, MA, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our romantic Victorian property, the Main Inn is not completely accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property. However, many significant improvements have been made so that all guests can enjoy the Palmer House Inn – including an ADA compliant room in our Guest House. (see below)
We offer the following with ADA compliant accommodations:
- The Walt Whitman Room: This first floor room, located in the Guest House, features a separate entrance ramp leading to a 36-inch wide entry door. This 228 square foot room features a king size bed that can be separated into two twin beds with an advanced request, a large ADA accessible bathroom with wheel-in shower, hand-held shower head, grab bars, roll under wall mounted sink, ADA compliant toilet, and a shower bench is available upon request. This room also includes a sitting area and writing nook with an antique writing table.
- Room Measurements:
- Entrance doors: 36”wide (35” clear width)
- Shower: two doors 28” wide each
- Bathroom sink: 27.5” height from floor to underside of sink, 34.75” distance from floor to top of sink, 24” width (23” clear width) between supports under the sink,
- King size bed: 26” height from floor to top of mattress
- Arm chair: 17” height from floor to seat, 21” front width of seat
- Nightstands: 22” height from floor to top of stand.
- Dresser: 46” height from floor to top of dresser.
- Breakfast can be served directly to this room or on the Guest House porch (in season). We are also happy to provide assistance navigating the 28.5- inch door frame into the dining room of the Main Inn.
- Entrance into the Main Inn includes an ADA compliant ramp and a 36-inch wide doorway.
- Common areas of the Main Inn that are ADA compliant include the check-in area and lavatory.
- There is designated parking, however please note there is a gravel drive. We are happy to help you easily navigate from the parking area to your room.
The physical barriers include the following:
- Gravel Driveway
- The walkway from the designated parking area to the front door has some level changes.
- Grounds have uneven topography and there are areas that may be difficult to access by wheelchair or scooter.
- Due to the historic nature of the Main Inn, the interior structure includes 28.5-inch doorways into the living room and dining room. If a guest with a wheelchair or scooter would like to enter our living room and/or dining room in the Main Inn, we are happy to provide assistance with navigation.
- Rooms in the Main Inn are located on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the Inn and require the use of stairs. There is no elevator to the Main Inn rooms. Due to the historical significance of the building, it is not readily achievable to add an elevator.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Palmer House Inn can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate Service Animals will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (508) 548-1230 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
Palmer House Inn follows the federal law which defines “Service Animals” to include individually trained dogs that have been trained to assist or perform tasks for an individual with a disability.
- Under the federal ADA law, emotional support, therapy, comfort and companion animals have not been trained to perform a specific job or task, therefore they do not qualify as Service Animals under the ADA and are not subject to our Service Animal ADA Policy.
- Species other than dogs are not considered Service Animals under the ADA (as determined by the ADA, miniature horses are included where reasonable).
While we will not ask about the nature of a disability, legally we may ask about the service that is provided by the Service Animal such as:
- Is your dog a Service Animal?
- What task(s) does your Service Animal provide?
The staff is also not required to help you perform any of the tasks related to the Service Animal such as taking it out to relieve itself, feeding, handling etc.
- For relieving themselves, Service Animals are welcome to use the dog run behind the firepit. We ask that they not relieve themselves in the front yard, side yard abutting the driveway, nor the lawn or flower beds abutting the firepit.
- Please let the Inn know if your Service Dog has an accident in your guest room or on property so that we can provide you with an odor & stain remover and cleaning towels. Please do not use the guest room linens to clean up these accidents as additional charges will be applied to the guest room account if this occurs.
Your Service Animal must be under your control at all times, whether this is by the means of a leash, hand gestures, or voice control.
Service Animals may never be left unattended, including guest rooms, Palmer House Inn building and grounds, or in a vehicle.
Please note that we reserve the right to ask a Service Animal to be removed from the property if the Service Animal becomes unruly, unreasonably disruptive, threatening and is a disturbance or detriment to other guests. The owner is responsible for controlling the Service Animal’s behavior. If it cannot be controlled or the problem cannot be resolved we can legally ask for you to remove the Service Animal from the property. The guest will be welcomed to stay without the Service Animal.
If there is damage and/or excessive mess caused by the Service Animal while on property, the owner is responsible for the cost of damage, cleanup and/or repairs. By booking your reservation, you agree to reimburse Palmer House Inn and pre-authorize Palmer House Inn to charge your credit card in the event of consequential loss or damage to Palmer House Inn, financial or otherwise, if your room is rendered uninhabitable for a subsequent guest, (including the cost of relocating such a guest to alternative housing) in the discretion of the Palmer House Inn management as a consequence of damage created by your Service Animal.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.