Cape Cod Activities: Collegiate Summer Baseball League
Baseball, one of many great Cape Cod activities to experience on the Cape this summer. We are home to the number one summer collegiate baseball league in the country, the Cape Cod Baseball League. The Falmouth Commodores, a founding franchise of this Cape Cod summer league, is an important component of summer recreation in this small New England town.
The teams that make up the league are:
Chatham Anglers, Harwich Mariners, Orleans Firebirds, Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox and the Brewster Whitecaps
Cotuit Kettleers, Hyannis Harbor Hawks, Falmouth Commodores, Bourne Braves and the Wareham Gatemen.
Each year as Falmouth’s Commodores prepare to defend Arnie Allen Diamond at Governor Fuller Field, club officials are actively searching for “host families.” For many of the young athletes, ten weeks away from family for the first time is quite an adventure. Host families provide that home-away-from-home atmosphere, a hot meal, and Independence Day activities in the company of friends that is just what is needed to help tomorrow’s World Series stars build life long memories. The league conducted it’s annual Frank Finn Cape Cod Invitational Tryouts on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
One of the most heart warming things about the league is that they keep tabs on all of the league’s alumni. The players accomplishments are regularly posted on the league’s blog.
Frequently the families of the Commodore’s players stay at the Palmer House Inn. The inn is located just a short stroll from Governor Fuller Field and is in an ideal location for traveling to away games.
Falmouth Commodores Home Schedule 2o13 (www.falmouthcommodores.com/Schedule.html)
Sat. June 22, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Chatham
- Mon. June 24, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Hyannis
- Fri. June 28, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Brewster
- Sun. June 30, 5:30pm Falmouth vs. Hyannis
- Tue. July 2, 6:30pm Falmouth vs. Orleans
- Thu. July 4, 4:30pm Falmouth vs. Cotuit
- Sat. July 6, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Yarmouth-Dennis
- Tue. July 9, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Bourne
- Wed. July 10, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Hyannis
- Sun. July 14, 5:30pm, Falmouth vs. Harwich
- Mon. July 15, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Wareham
- Tue. July 16, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Yarmouth-Dennis
- Sun. July 21, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Orleans
- Thu. July 25, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Brewster
- Fri. July 26, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Wareham
- Mon. July 29, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Chatham
- Fri. August 2, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Bourne
- Sat. August 3, 6:30pm, Falmouth vs. Cotuit
For general information about the Cape Cod league go to www.capecodbaseball.org.
For information on the Falmouth Commodores go to www.falmouthcommodores.com
As always please confirm dates and events with the event organizer.
While all of our rooms have their own individual charm, we recommend the Harriet Beecher Stowe room or the Emily Dickinson room. Both rooms feature comfortable king beds, fireplaces, jacuzzi-style tubs and a relaxing stay before and after the ball game.